Nigerian believers are mourning the death of a pastor and 10 fellow Christians as an armed militia martyred those involved.
The Daily Post reports, "The attackers, according to a source in the village, stormed the area while it was raining and divided themselves into groups and targeted houses."
Members of the Evangelical Church Winning All made the grim discovery when, "They found the body of the 55-year-old senior pastor near Asha-Awuce—only a third of a mile from his home. He apparently was ambushed and hacked to death by suspected Islamic Fulani militants when his motorcycle ran out of gas on his return from a visit to another city."
The latest attack was one of many that Christians in Nigeria have had to deal with this past year.
The nation is listed as number 9 on the Open Doors' World Watch List, which states, "More Christians are murdered for their faith in Nigeria than in any other country. Violent attacks by Boko Haram, Housa-Fulani Muslim militant herdsmen, ISWAP (an affiliate of the Islamic State group) and other Islamic extremist groups are common in the north and middle belt of the country, and are becoming more common further south."
While Nigerian Christians continue to come under persecution and threat of attack, the believers endure and worship God in Spirit and in truth.
Some of the largest churches in the world are in Nigeria.
Earlier this year, Prophet T.B. Joshua, pastor of the megachurch The Synagogue Church of All Nations, passed away on June 12.
In Joshua's final message, "There is time for everything," he emphasized the need to understand that God has approved a season for all of life's occurrences.
We need to keep the Nigerian church in our prayers and pray that the Lord would raise up more men and women of God to pastor His flock in this beloved African Nation.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details