A Texas mother and her three children made a daring 300-mile journey through 20 Taliban checkpoints before they finally escaped the radical Islamic regime that now runs Afghanistan.
While they had some help from a private group, other Americans remain stranded, and six planes are still being blocked from evacuating other U.S. citizens and allies.
The Texas mom and her three kids survived the dangerous journey out of Afghanistan reportedly by paying as much as $500 to $4,000 per person at every terrorist checkpoint, thanks in part to the help of donors.
A team of military veterans funded by private donations led the effort and said the U.S. State Department was of little help.
As the Taliban claims total control of Afghanistan, 100 to 200 remaining Americans, like Nasria, are desperate to leave. She says the Taliban is going door to door trying to find them.
"Am I going to end up living here? Am I going to end up dying here? What's going to happen?" she wonders.
In Mazar-I-Sharif, empty commercial planes that could carry 600 passengers each are still waiting for clearance from the Taliban. The State Department confirms Americans are among those stuck.
The six private planes were chartered by conservative media host Glenn Beck's charities.
"They're not going to allow American citizens to leave until they get full recognition from the United States of America," said Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas,
US State Dept. Restricts Private Evacuations
But the White House says there is "no rush" to recognize the Taliban as the official government of Afghanistan.
Speaking in Doha, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said he is unaware of any "hostage-type" situation and that Americans are among the groups stopped by the Taliban.
"They have said that those without valid documents, at this point can't leave. But because all of these people are grouped together. That's meant that flights had not been allowed to go," said Blinken.
Meanwhile, an email obtained by Fox News shows the U.S. State Department is putting restrictions on private evacuation flights over security concerns, stranding some Americans.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details