Brazilian pastors, Christian leaders and faculty from South Florida Bible College gathered recently to hear about Brazil's support for Israel and meet one of Brazil's most popular politicians in "Israel: A dynamic Relationship." The symposium, held on the SFBC campus in Deerfield Beach, Florida, featured presentations by International Christian Embassy Jerusalem USA Director Dr. Susan Michael and Brazilian Congressman Eduardo Bolsonaro.
Dr. Mary Drabik, president of SFBC, welcomed attendees, emphasizing that SFBC would be a pro-Israel campus under her leadership and was delighted to host the afternoon event.
Michael opened with a presentation about the various obstacles Israel currently faces, such as the threat of a nuclear Iran and the global Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement, fueling antisemitism worldwide. She then explained the multitude of reasons for supporting Israel.
One of her examples especially dear to people's hearts at the South Florida gathering involved the Champlain Towers condo tragedy. When the building collapsed in Surfside, Florida, the Israel Defense Forces deployed a rapid response elite squad to help with search and rescue. This team was credited with recovering 81 of the 97 bodies of victims due to its superior methods of mapping out potential locations. The Israeli squad won the hearts of their fellow American first-responders who lined the road and applauded as the Israel team left for home upon completion of the recoveries. This is just one example of the good hearts of the people of Israel committed to the Jewish concept of Tikkun Olam—"repairing the world."
The highly popular Brazilian Congressman Eduardo Bolsonaro spoke about his country's history with Israel and the deep support of the Brazilian people for the Jewish state. He recounted stories from trips to Israel along with his father, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro.
The younger Bolsonaro was adamant that his father would honor his campaign promise to move the Brazilian Embassy to Jerusalem before the end of his term in late 2022, with developments closely monitored by the evangelical Christians in Brazil. This news brought a great round of applause and appreciation for the leadership of the Bolsonaro family.
Sponsors of the symposium were South Florida Bible College & Theological Seminary, International Christian Embassy Jerusalem, World Children's Fund, Instituto Conservador Liberal and the Latin American Conservative Alliance. It was initiated by Foursquare Church leaders.
Follow breaking news like this on our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details