Israeli Researchers at Maccabi Healthcare and Tel Aviv University have discovered through a major study that natural immunity acquired via infection from COVID-19 is superior to the immunity from the Pfizer vaccine.
If the findings are confirmed, Unherd.com reported, the implications for COVID policy could be "profound."
The researchers compared the outcomes of over 76,000 Israelis in three groups: the doubly vaccinated (Pfizer vaccine); the previously infected but unvaccinated; and the previously infected with only a single dose, and found that fully vaccinated people but uninfected people were significantly more likely to have a "breakthrough" COVID infection than people who had previously been infected and recovered from the disease, according to the report.
"This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant," the authors conclude.
According to the study, Without time constraints, the likelihood of infection among double vaccinated people versus those previously infected is 5.96 times higher. The likelihood of symptomatic infection among double vaccinated people versus previously infected people is 7.13 times higher.
After three-plus months, the study concludes, the likelihood of infect among double vaccinated people versus previously infected people is 13.06 times higher. The likelihood of symptomatic infection among double vaccinated people versus previously infected people is a whopping 27.02 times higher.
The study has only been published as a preprint, unherd.com reported, and has not been peer reviewed. Critics have scoffed at the study's limitations at this point, but infectious diseases expert Professor Francois Balloux describes the study as a "bombshell" development.
In a related story, the Orange County Register is reporting that Dr. Aaron Kheriatv, a University of California School of Medicine physician who contracted COVID-19 in 2020, is alleging in a lawsuit that he should be exempt from the university's vaccine mandate because he has a "natural immunity" to the virus.
A professor of psychiatry and human behavior at the UCI medical school, Kheriatv filed the suit last week in U.S. District Court against the University of California Board of Regents and Michael V. Drake, the system's president. He is seeking an injunction to block the mandate, allowing him to return to work unvaccinated, and is asking the court to declare the policy unconstitutional.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details