Dennis Wadley is a man of God, and when he sees a problem, it's real. He and his wife have ministered in Africa since 2003, when they began a ministry to the underprivileged in South Africa. Recently, Wadley has helped support Abune Mathias, patriarch of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, in his efforts to share his message about the Ethiopian genocide.
Wadley's ministry, Bridges of Hope International, branched out to Ethiopia in 2010 and has been working in a unique partnership with the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, helping train its leaders in community development.
After a recent trip to the war zone of Tigray, Ethiopia, Dennis met with Mathias and discovered that the patriarch had been blocked three times from sharing his message about the genocide with the world. Wadley offered to deliver a video to the global media, and Mathias shared from his heart for 14 minutes, creating a message calling the world and spiritual leaders to help end the genocide.
In the video, broadcast on the Associated Press, Aljazeera, CNN, BBC, Reuters and multiple other platforms, the elderly patriarch speaks of the tens of thousands who have been massacred, beginning last November to the point that he called it a genocide.
"I know that what is happening in Ethiopia in general, and in Tigray in general, are heathens' deeds," Mathias says. "I have said a lot of things, but no one allows the message to be displayed. It is being stifled and censored."
"Churches are being destroyed," he says. ... "The types of atrocities have never been seen so far, which is very, very offensive. Particularly the rape of women is very disgraceful, shabby and bad. They have no fear of God or any respect for human dignity."
"We are asking the church to pray for this desperate situation," Wadley says as he reflects on Mathias' comments. "Please pray that the killings will stop, that the world would act and peace will come."
Amir George directs The World Helpline at theworldhelpline.org.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details