Nick Hall knows about suffering and loss. And the suffering and loss of Good Friday resonate with him in deep ways. Just before the COVID-19 pandemic began in the U.S., his sister died of cancer at just 40 years old.
The second annual Good Friday broadcast, broadcast, which happens tonight at 7 p.m. worldwide, has its roots in suffering, the founder of Millennial evangelism movement Pulse says. "I'm convinced that if my sister hadn't died, this broadcast wouldn't have happened; if the pandemic hadn't happened, the global church wouldn't have been mobile," Hall tells host Jeff Struss on a recent episode of the Charisma News podcast.
Bible teachers Francis Chan and Ebony Small along with worship leaders For King and Country, Tasha Cobbs Leonard and Michael W. Smith and Dove Award winners Kari Jobe and Cody Carnes will join Hall for this unique presentation. The online event reached over 115 million people worldwide last year, with more than 100,000 responding to the gospel.
"I just think Good Friday, it's what separates Christianity from every other religion," Hall says, reminding listeners that not only does Jesus understand our suffering, but He enters into it as well.
"Without the cross, there is no reason to celebrate; but without the Resurrection, the cross is just a tombstone," he adds. "It's just a memorial to the dead guy. But we don't serve a dead and buried Savior; we serve and follow a God who conquers that. He enters into our suffering, and then He alleviates it once and for all when he rose.
"And so that's the power we can plug into," Hall says. "But then there is no power without the suffering. And that's true in our lives as believers; we have to be willing."
For much more from Pulse founder Nick Hall on the power and promise of Good Friday, listen to the entire episode of Charisma News here, and be sure to tune in to the free livestream tonight at 7 p.m. on GoodFriday.com and the Pulse Facebook and YouTube pages. It will be available in 100 countries in over 40 languages.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details