Nine days after the passing of beloved evangelist Luis Palau, his family and close friends are set to gather for an intimate memorial service in his honor. The service, which was set as a private event and kept small due to COVID-19 regulations, will be livestreamed worldwide on Facebook at facebook.com/luispalaulive as well as on Luis Palau's memorial website at luispalau.org. No registration is necessary. All are welcome and encouraged to tune in.
"We wish we could all be together in person," Kevin Palau shared on social media earlier this week, "but we know even over a video stream this time will be incredibly meaningful. Dad's wish for his memorial was that it would be a time to praise and glorify the King of Heaven. And that's exactly what we'll do."
The service will include music from Matt Redman, words from close family and friends, and a performance by the gospel choir from Salem Baptist Church of Chicago. It will start at 2 p.m. PDT on March 20. You can watch it on Facebook at facebook.com/luispalaulive or on Luis Palau's memorial website at luispalau.org.
"This service will be a great time to remember and celebrate the life of our Dad, Luis Palau," said Andrew Palau, one of Luis' four sons and co-evangelist for the past 15 years. "But just as Dad would have wanted, it will also be a wonderful time to honor the Lord and proclaiming His Good News. We really hope many will tune in, share it with their friends, and be deeply encouraged by the message we share—the same message Dad shared for his entire life."
Those who want to share a testimony or memory of Luis or who want to write a note to the family may do so at LuisPalau.org. Thousands from around the world have shared encouraging, personal messages and videos, many of which are currently being highlighted on the site.
The Luis Palau Association has also put together a special commemorative book for the service on Saturday. Individuals interested in their own free copy of this commemorative book, My Life in Seven Words, or in giving a memorial gift to continue the work of the Luis Palau Association, can do so at LuisPalau.org.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details