At approximately 9 p.m. local time on Jan. 28, prominent Chinese dissident and human rights activist Guo Feixiong was preparing to board a United Airlines Flight from the Shanghai Pudong Airport to the United States to be with his wife, who had just completed the first part of cancer surgery.
That's when airport customs officials informed him that he was barred from leaving the country on national security grounds.
Guo remains at the airport on a hunger strike, demanding permission to travel to be with his wife during her time of need.
Guo had earlier written letters to the Chinese premier and minister of public security, appealing for travel on humanitarian grounds. He received a passport, but two days before exiting the country, he was asked to sign an "agreement" he believes to be illegal.
Fellow activist Jianli Yang, who himself was a student and imprisoned after the Tiananmen Massacre of 1989, including a time in solitary confinement, is now a renowned leader and architect of democracy in China. Working from the United States, Jianli leads Citizen Power Initiatives for China, an organization that strives to help the many Chinese abused under the godless communist system. He says, "We are calling on the international community and believers worldwide to support Mr. Guo on humanitarian grounds and call on the Chinese government to immediately allow him to leave to be with his seriously ill wife, Zhang Qing."
It is a little-known fact that many of the young students who stood up for freedom at the 1989 Tiananmen Massacre have since found Christ, as exemplified by Yang, who now asks for prayer and support from believers worldwide. "I am calling on believers worldwide to pray for the release of Mr. Guo and to help us in their own countries to stand up to the communists to let him go."
Amir George directs the World Helpline at theworldhelpline.org. He urges anyone who wants to be a part of daily prayer on Capitol Hill at 7:30 a.m. and 12 p.m. to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details