Violence erupted at a church in Xiamen, Fujian province when officials burst into a service, according to China Aid.
In a video taken at the scene, officers and attendees of Xingguang Church shouted as they engaged in a physical altercation. China Aid reports that as they blocked the entrance, officials dragged a Christian to the door, with other congregants fighting along with him. One of the Christians was beaten and had to seek medical treatment. He also filed a police report.
Meanwhile, the previous weekend, China Aid reports police summoned Christians from Sichuan province's Early Rain Covenant Church.
A Christian, who did not want to reveal her name, told China Aid the police brought in Christians in charge of church activities and online services. They demanded the Christians stop their ongoing church projects and holding online services.
The informant also noted the police have only summoned Christians during the church's online services. This indicates the police are still monitoring the church's actions.
In addition, one of the church's members, Ran Yunfei, was brought to the police station on Friday. Ran was scheduled to give a testimony during one of the services, forcing it to change its agenda at the last minute. After the service ended, Ran was escorted home.
Peter Wooding is senior editor at Assist News Service and an award-winning radio, TV and print journalist. Peter has worked as news editor at UCB Radio in the U.K. and has reported from countries around the world, including Israel, India, Russia, Serbia, South Sudan, Ukraine and Mozambique. Continuing his father Dan's legacy, Peter now leads the global expansion of ANS. He is also the London bureau chief for the Global News Alliance, media and PR officer for Leading The Way UK and UK director for Mercy Projects. Peter lives in North Wales, U.K., with his wife, Sharon, and their three daughters, Sarah, Anna and Abigail.
This article originally appeared at Assist News.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details