On Wednesday, April 8, the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem (ICEJ) hosted a global online prayer meeting from Jerusalem, during which some 2,000 participants from over 70 countries took Communion together.
The meeting, held on the eve of Passover and during Easter week, was a very powerful and encouraging time of prayer led by leaders around the world including Angus Buchan in South Africa, Daniel Kolenda in the United States and Suzette Hattingh in Germany. Messianic pastor Daniel Yahav and Arab pastor Naim Khoury led Communion.
Daniel Kolenda said that amidst the concerns of this pandemic, he senses excitement in his spirit along with a deep sense of responsibility. He sees the situation as a warning that the night is coming, and we must do everything we can for the kingdom and work while it is still day (John 9:4).
Angus Buchan and his wife have both tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus but are well and symptom-free. The energetic evangelist, whose life story was depicted in the movie Faith Like Potatoes, said that out of this crisis would come the greatest revival the world has ever seen. It will not be due to big-name preachers or ministries but to a mighty rushing wind as in Acts 2.
ICEJ President Dr. Jürgen Bühler closed the call with a reminder that Passover was beginning in Israel and prayed that the Lord would visit each family secluded in their home, celebrating the great miracle God had done for them 3,000 years ago.
The International Christian Embassy Jerusalem (ICEJ) is helping to feed and care for many elderly Israelis confined to the homes and has delivered hundreds of Passover baskets. "While the government's measures to fight the coronavirus [are] impacting the whole country, I am glad we are still able to help Israel pull through this crisis in a number of ways," said Susan Michael, ICEJ USA director, "This includes packing and delivering food boxes to senior citizens, caring for Holocaust survivors and bringing Jews home from Russia and Ethiopia at this very moment. We are also leading a global prayer movement for Israel and this crisis that is engulfing the world."
The ICEJ was established in 1980 in recognition of the biblical significance of all of Jerusalem and its unique connection with the Jewish people. Today, the ICEJ is considered the world's largest pro-Israel Christian ministry, with branch offices in over 90 nations and a reach into more than 170 nations worldwide.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details