Save the Persecuted Christians (STPC), which advocates on behalf of hundreds of millions of Christians facing heavy persecution worldwide, is addressing the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
"Situations such as these create an opportunity for persecutors to exploit the crisis at hand and operate with a greater sense of impunity, which is why it is imperative for each of us to also continue our prayers for those who are at risk of anti-Christian violence," said Dede Laugesen, executive director of Save the Persecuted Christians.
"[Sunday's] National Day of Prayer gave each of us an opportunity to come together in the midst of the seeming chaos and believe our God is greater than any outbreak. Although it is often easy to get swept up in the mass frenzy, we encourage you to remember that through prayer and faith we, as followers of Christ, can overcome every obstacle.
"There is no difficulty too great for God to overcome if His people cry out to Him and believe in His almighty power and ability. In Isaiah 43, God tells us that we are never alone and that He will always get us to the other side of any barrier. 'When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee' (Isa. 43:2, KJV).
"Save the Persecuted Christians will remain diligent in being a voice to defend our brothers and sisters in Christ, particularly in times such as these."
The mission of Save the Persecuted Christians is to save lives and save souls by disseminating actionable information about the magnitude of the persecution taking place globally and by mobilizing concerned Americans for the purpose of disincentivizing further attacks on those who follow Jesus.
With so much of the world's Christian population being imprisoned or harassed for their beliefs, the need has never been greater for the sort of grassroots campaign STPC's SaveUs Movement is working to foster. Its efforts are modeled after a miraculously successful one that helped free another population suffering from heavy persecution—Soviet Jews—by penalizing those in the Kremlin responsible for such repression. Through this movement, Save the Persecuted Christians endeavors to provide American policymakers with the popular support they need to effect real change worldwide and alleviate systemically the suffering being experienced by so many of those following Christ.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.