Parents in Scotland have challenged Education Secretary John Swinney over materials which "promote pornography" in the school curriculum.
John Swinney defended the materials, which one parent said were "corrupting children."
The exchange took place at a public meeting in Perth organized by the National Parent Forum of Scotland.
Mr. Swinney, who is also Scotland's deputy first minister, was questioned over a new relationships, sexual health and parenthood curriculum.
One parent said schools risked "normalizing pornography". Another challenged the teaching that gender is subjective, calling it a "very dangerous and confusing message" for young people. The parent also criticized the promotion of masturbation.
When the father gave a graphic description of what he claimed was being taught, he was asked by the chair of the event to tone down his language. He responded by saying if it's not suitable to talk about with adults, "How can it possibly be suitable to talk about in schools?"
He added: "Pornography is positively promoted in these materials as something beneficial and helpful. These materials are not educational; they are corrupting of children."
Mr. Swinney acknowledged the sensitive material involved, but argued that the material was age-appropriate and would properly equip young people.
A Scottish government spokesman responded by saying that it is working closely with parents and taking their views into account.
Last month, it was revealed that in Warwickshire, children as young as 6 were being taught about masturbation.
Naomi and Matthew Seymour, who have two sons who attend a primary school in Warwick, removed their children from school for the week the lessons took place.
Mr. Seymour said: "This sexualization of our children is just totally inappropriate."
"I think many families who had seen these lesson plans would feel the same way we did."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer