Annette Eckart knows that Bridge for Peace Children's Village in Uganda is no ordinary orphanage. Started in 2012 by Eckart and her husband, Ed, B4P Children's Village is a place where miracles happen every day.
Knowing personally the healing power of Jesus—she was radically healed twice herself of debilitating illness and injury—Eckart has seen the supernatural at work at the Children's Village, which has even led to some Muslims coming to the saving knowledge of Christ, a miracle in itself.
"We pray with people and see people get healed. An exciting time is when a Muslim woman came with a boy who was having seizures," Eckart told Chris Johnson on a recent episode of "Charisma Connection" on the Charisma Podcast Network. "She had heard about the village, and she came, and they prayed for the little boy. He stopped having the seizures, praise God, but after she witnessed the miracle, Mama wanted to be a Christian.
"She came back with friends. As Muslim women, they couldn't come to our church because that would be very dangerous for them. But they come to the Children's Village, and we pray over them, and it is there they receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. You simply never know what God is going to do through this. You have no idea of what His purposes are, but the children we have here are drawing people from across the area to come there and help their children. Then, they go away having received so much more than that."
After Annette was healed of rheumatoid arthritis and then a brain injury after a horrific car accident, the Eckharts founded Bridge for Peace in 1988. The organization has ministered on six continents and has bases on five continents, where it trains hundreds of people to testify to the healing power of Christ.
For more about the ministry of Bridges for Peace, listen to the podcast below.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details