Matt and Daisy Mazzoncini, Spirit-filled Christians living in Kenya, are pleading with the faith community to lift their family up in prayer.
The couple are legal guardians to a 3-year-old, Kiano, who was taken from their home on April 5.
"We are Christians; our faith is important to us," Daisy Mazzoncini tells Charisma News in a podcast interview. "We believe in the power of prayer. We've just been so grateful for all the people that are praying for us and especially for Kiano, because obviously we're sitting here, my husband supporting me. But we don't know where he is, and he doesn't know what's going on. We're just trusting God that he is somehow just shielded and comforted."
For more details on the abduction, listen to the podcast below.
Kiano has epilepsy, and the Mazzoncinis are asking people to pray for a welfare check to ensure that wherever their son is, people are giving him his medicine.
"Nobody's telling us where he is," Daisy Mazzoncini says. "One of the things that's particularly concerning, obviously, is that Kiano has epilepsy. He takes medicine three times a day. We don't know if he's getting that medicine. We don't know if it's being administered correctly. He's been on that medicine since last September 2018, where he ended up having seizures on and off for six hours. He ended up being rushed to the children's ICU. He had to be induced into a medical coma because the seizures were so bad they shut down his brain. He's had a lot of medical problems on and off throughout his life since he was an abandoned baby. It's very hard."
The couple knows prayer is the only answer right now.
"We also know that there's a big faith community in Kenya," Matt Mazzoncini says. "So many Kenyans have reached out and supported us and are encouraging us on social media. It's been incredible. There are some really incredible people that work in the children's space as well that have come out in support of us. I think you've probably seen some of those people in the videos that are posted online.
"One thing that I would ask of the faith community is to is to speak out about this situation to encourage the people in Kenya in the faith community, as well as the leaders in Kenya, to really look into this issue and make sure that Kiano is brought home. We are his court-appointed legal guardians. We are working through a court process to try to get him produced and brought home. But in the meantime, it is really effective and really important that people speak up and speak out and ask and encourage the faith community and friends in Kenya to act and take action for Kiano."
What's the next legal step? How can you make a difference? Listen to the podcast to hear their heartbreaking interview.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details