The Jerusalem Post honored Friends of Zion Museum founder Mike Evans last week with its Lion of Jerusalem award at the newspaper's Diplomatic Conference.
The Jerusalem Post reported that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has "praised Evans for fighting for freedom in a world of darkening and narrowing horizons."
"As a champion for Israel for the past four decades, Mike has consistently demonstrated the moral clarity that is necessary to defend Israel against the lies and distortions of its enemies and championed the Jewish people's claim to the land of Israel," Netanyahu said.
Humbled by the award, Evans told The Jerusalem Post, "What an honor to get the lion award from a lion."
In his acceptance speech, Evans predicted peace between Israel and several Sunni states in the Gulf is likely to occur.
"What will [Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu's legacy be?" Evans asked. "I believe it may be peace with five to six Sunni Gulf states. Yes! I'm not saying it in theory, I'm talking to these leaders and hearing things that are absolutely astonishing. I'm hearing things I've never heard before. What you have right now in the Sunni world is astonishing."
The Jerusalem Post reported that Evans' prediction comes "after a series of closed-door meetings with prominent leaders in the Gulf, including the crown prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammad bin Salman. And, the common enemy is Iran and the Muslim Brotherhood.
"In the last few months I've met with Muslim leaders," he said. "I spent two hours with the crown prince of Saudi Arabia and the Emirates. They have a disdain for them [Iran].
The Jerusalem Post also reported that Evans praised U.S. President Donald Trump's handling of this delicate issue and decision to put pressure on Iran and the Palestinian Authority, which has helped cause this favorable shift among the Gulf states.
"The shifting dynamic, thanks to Donald Trump and Jared Kushner, is pure genius," he told The Jerusalem Post.
Evans also praised Netanyahu for helping prevent a war in Gaza.
"Last week, your prime minister prevented a war in Gaza," Evans told The Jerusalem Post. "It was one of the most courageous decisions a prime minister has made. We would have had dead children in Gaza and dead soldiers in Israel. It would have played lovely to his base and it would have been easy. But what would he have lost? An ideological, media and economical war—war would have been a cash cow for Hamas."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details