Fox News is reporting that a senior Obama administration official has confirmed that President Barack Obama called for the release of American pastor Saeed Abedini in the phone conversation he shared on Friday with Iranian President Hasan Rouhani.
The source stated President Obama raised Pastor Saeed’s case along with two other Americans directly with the Iranian president. According to the report, President Obama raised concerns about the imprisonment of Pastor Saeed and expressed our country’s interest in seeing the American pastor returned to his family.
While Secretary of State John Kerry has called on Iran to release Pastor Saeed, this is the first time President Obama has spoken out about the wrongfully imprisoned U.S. citizen.
On behalf of the Abedini family, we’re very encouraged that President Obama raised the illegal imprisonment of Pastor Saeed with President Rouhani. Friday's call is a significant step forward in this critical case.
We’re also grateful to President Obama for calling on President Rouhani to put his promise of being moderate into action by releasing Pastor Saeed without further delay.
Pastor Saeed's wife, Naghmeh, responded to the news.
“This is the most encouraging news I have heard since Saeed was imprisoned one year ago," she said. "I am very grateful to President Obama for standing up for Saeed and for the other Americans who are held captive in Iran. This development is truly an answer to prayer. I urge President Rouhani, as I have done throughout this week, to release Saeed so he can return to our home and our family in the United States. In recent days, Iran has released 80 prisoners being held because of their beliefs. I pray that we can add Saeed to that list very soon.”
Pastor Saeed, a U.S. citizen, has done nothing wrong and is imprisoned simply because of his Christian faith.
If President Rouhani wants to start a new relationship with the United States, releasing this American pastor, husband and father now would send an important message to the world.
Over 100,000 people have already written letters to President Rouhani urging Pastor Saeed’s release. Please sign a letter to Iran’s president today.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details