A New York homemaker, a Texas university professor and a Florida sports referee have used a variety of effective tactics to thwart Planned Parenthood's work across the United States. These everyday individuals are part of the American Life League's National Network of Fighters Against Planned Parenthood, and they have extensively foiled the work of 48 local and regional Planned Parenthood branches of this abortion giant.
When Planned Parenthood turns 105 on October 16, this network, headed by Jim Sedlak, Executive Director of the American Life League, will celebrate how they have stopped Planned Parenthood's harmful programs and even prevented some Planned Parenthood facilities from being built.
Iowa members of the National Network of Fighters Against Planned Parenthood brought Sedlak to the state and prevented Planned Parenthood from opening six new abortion facilities and then closed down a total of 20 existing Planned Parenthood abortion facilities in the state. Other successes have resulted when network members contacted:
- Habitat for Humanity in Sarasota, Florida, to ask them to withdraw from an agreement to buy property from Planned Parenthood.
The Result: Habitat backed out of the deal and did not buy the property
- A Walmart in Washington state, to ask them to prevent Planned Parenthood from distributing literature in the Walmart parking lot.
The Result: Walmart told Planned Parenthood they could not distribute literature on the store's property.
- The Greater Vallejo Recreation District in California, to ask them not to allow Planned Parenthood to participate in a Children's Wonderland playground event. The Result: Planned Parenthood was refused permission to participate in the event.
These Planned Parenthood watchers follow the activities and communications of local Planned Parenthood groups and pass the information upline to the American Life League's STOPP—a program exclusively focused on getting Planned Parenthood to "close its doors and get out of town."
In Monrovia, California, a fighter against Planned Parenthood contacted STOPP to get advice on preventing the abortion giant from opening a new abortion facility. Monrovians Against Planned Parenthood was formed and began the fight. The group discovered that that an existing Planned Parenthood clinic had been getting rent-free space at the county health department for 35 years.
Within a week, after pressure from network members, the county ordered Planned Parenthood to vacate the building. Those same activists led a court battle against the city for approving a new abortion facility without issuing required public notices. As a result, the City of Monrovia ended up purchasing the facility from Planned Parenthood and demolished it.
Sedlak relates how the group of watchers was formed in the 1990s and originally named the Planned Parenthood Fighters Network. Shortly after publicizing the effort, a letter was received from a Planned Parenthood attorney objecting to the name, because "people might think it was something run by Planned Parenthood."
A current focus of the network is Planned Parenthood's sex education programs, often targeting children. One network member recently alerted Sedlak to a social media post by the Yurok Tribe indicating that Planned Parenthood of Northern California was presenting a sex education curriculum to these Native American youth, bribing members to attend by awarding them with gift cards.
"After 105 years," Sedlak observes, "Planned Parenthood's legacy has not changed. It's about sex, kids, and death—with a heavy dose of racist eugenics tossed in." And for their anniversary, he wants Planned Parenthood to know that they are being closely watched.
The American Life League has been part of the pro-life abortion debate from its inception. Since 1979, the American Life League has committed to the protection of all innocent human beings from the moment of creation to death with a pro-life integrity that stands up for every innocent human being whose life is threatened by a "culture of death." For more information visit all.org.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details