Shocking allegations led to another heated school board meeting in northern Virginia Tuesday night, and now some parents are calling for a superintendent to resign.
A disturbing report of alleged sexual assault fueled the latest tension-filled school board meeting in Loudoun County, Virginia.
Outrage over a student, who was charged with sexual assault at two different school campuses, prompted parents to speak out against Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) making questionable accommodations for transgender students.
Local father Scott Smith told The Daily Wire that his daughter was sexually assaulted in a bathroom at Stonebridge High School back in May after a boy wearing a skirt entered the girls' bathroom.
Smith attended a June school board meeting where he voiced his concerns over students using restrooms that correspond with their chosen gender identity. He said the controversial policies being pushed by LCPS factored into the attack against his daughter.
He was arrested at that meeting and later found guilty of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
"If someone would have sat and listened for thirty seconds to what Scott had to say, they would have been mortified and heartbroken," said Scott's attorney, Elizabeth Lancaster.
Following The Daily Wire's story on the situation, more than 60 parents showed up to last night's board meeting to demand that the Loudoun County school superintendent resign.
"You guys failed. Sexual assaults happening in public schools is unacceptable and should never happen," said parent Linda Killen.
One mother questioned the school board's ability to safeguard children from harmful situations.
For the rest of this article, visit our content partners at faithwire.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details