Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
If you are in crisis, please call 1-800-273-8255 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org. You are not alone.
A man reached his personal breaking point and jumped from a ninth-floor window in New Jersey City, New Jersey, this week only to survive the fall.
Nine stories is approximately 100 feet in the air. For comparison, an average two-story home is about 25 feet tall.
The 31-year-old man was trying to end it all and should have been successful, given the circumstances. He survived, and a bystander was quoted as saying, "He wanted to die. That was his agenda. But God had something else in mind."
It remains true to this day that "money is a root of all kinds of evil" (Paul, writing in 1 Tim. 6:10, NIV), which is why greed can corrupt the best of us if we are not careful. And that's why it shouldn't surprise us if Big Pharma, along with the abortion industry, has been influenced by greed. Why should they be exempt?
Think of a pastor who plants a church in his city because he loves the people of his community. He works a full-time job in addition to doing pastoral work. But he does so with joy, putting in 60-70 hours a week. That's because he's driven by love rather than by fame or fortune.
Fast forward 20 years when his church has grown to 15,000 people with a budget in the multiplied millions and a personal salary that dwarfs anything he made in the secular world. Unless he remains spiritually vigilant, it's all too easy for him to become a hireling, tailoring his messages to please the richest in his flock, never wanting to offend or step on toes. Ministry has become a big business.
Steve Phelps gave up on God years ago.
But the former Baptist music director and his wife still believe in tithing. So, every month, they make an automated donation to keep their home congregation going.
Phelps is a board member of the Nashville Sunday Assembly, a congregation of nonbelievers that has faith in the power of community. The group gathers monthly to sing together, give testimonies and even hear a secular version of a sermon.
Until COVID-19 hit, there was even a potluck.
Follow breaking news like this on our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details