Ten Republican governors visited the U.S.-Mexico border on Wednesday, where they unveiled a 10-point plan to end President Joe Biden's immigration crisis at the nation's southern border by stopping the flow of illegal immigrants.
"President Joe Biden has caused a humanitarian crisis and chaos on our border," Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas said.
Abbott was joined at the press conference by Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, Idaho Gov. Brad Little, Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds, Montana Gov. Greg Gianforte, Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts, Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine, Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt and Wyoming Gov. Mark Gordon.
The governors chose to meet in Mission, Texas, which is part of the Rio Grande Valley region in south Texas. The "Valley," as local residents refer to it, has seen more than 500,000 people illegally enter the U.S. from Mexico in the past 12 months, and the large majority crossed after Biden took office, according to The Washington Examiner.
The governors called on Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris to take the following actions:
— Finish building the border wall that was halted mid-construction.
— Require those seeking asylum to remain in Mexico instead of being allowed into the U.S.
— Prohibit the entry of anyone who potentially poses a health risk.
As CBN News has reported, while the Trump administration built about 450 miles of new barriers along the southern border, Biden immediately halted construction when he took office, leaving gaps that rendered most of the border wall incomplete.
Critics say Biden inherited a solution when he took office and canceled it, reviving the border crisis that was finally coming under control. Now 1 million migrants are expected to surge into the U.S. this year alone.
Gov. Ricketts said Biden needs to provide more money for the border, including Customs and Border Patrol, the National Guard, and for the courts to process immigration cases more quickly
"We are here today to shine a light on what is going on here at the southern border and how it is impacting all of our states, not just the state of Texas," he said.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc., All rights reserved.
Follow breaking news like this on our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details