Hundreds of employees across the country are standing firm in their decision not to get vaccinated against COVID-19 despite the threat of losing their jobs. Scores have simply quit while many others have already been fired.
A health system in North Carolina has fired 175 people who were not vaccinated. Last week, the Winston-Salem-based health system Novant Health had announced 375 employees had been suspended and given five days to comply with the mandate. On Monday, they fired 175 of them.
The Delaware News Journal reports ChristianaCare has fired 150 employees who could not agree to its COVID vaccine mandate. Nurses in Delaware, President Biden's home state, told the paper beforehand they already "felt they were in crisis due to understaffing."
Dozens of State Troopers Resign in Massachusetts
In Massachusetts, dozens of state troopers have resigned after they were told to get the shot by October 17 or face termination from their jobs.
"Many of these troopers are going to be returning to their previous municipal police departments within the state that allow for regular testing and masks," said Michael Cherven, president of the State Police Association of Massachusetts.
Cherven explained that the State Police were already struggling with staffing shortages and the mandate is making the situation even worse.
"The State Police are already critically short-staffed and acknowledge this by the unprecedented moves to take officers from specialty units that investigate homicides, terrorism, computer crimes, arsons, and human trafficking, to name just a few," Cherven said.
In New York, public school teachers and staff are required to get vaccinated by 5:00 pm Friday, but many are protesting that mandate.
Some hospitals and nursing homes in New York have started removing workers because they haven't met the state's Monday deadline to get immunized.
Is There a Better Way?
Melody Butler, a nurse and the executive director of the nonprofit Nurses Who Vaccinate, says some healthcare workers don't want to get vaccinated because the research was fast-tracked or they have natural immunity from already overcoming a COVID infection. Others are concerned about how the vaccine will affect fertility.
Butler believes that showing sensitivity toward employees and their concerns, rather than forcing them to comply or face the consequences, will lead to a better outcome.
"Speak to individuals in a compassionate and kind manner," she explained. "Knowing that the person talking to you wants you to get vaccinated not because it's the law, but because they care."
For the rest of this article, visit our content partners at cbnnews.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details