Sean Feucht's "Let Us Worship" returned to Washington, D.C., Saturday night for a special 9/11 candlelight remembrance highlighted by a video appearance by former President Donald J. Trump. Trump spoke of the tragic events of 20 years ago and commended Feucht and his team for hosting the event and "bringing prayer and worship to 132 cities across the country."
"By uniting citizens of all denominations and backgrounds to promote faith and freedom in America, you are strengthening our entire nation, and we thank you for it," Trump said. He spoke not only of those who died in the attacks of 9/11 but also of the "bravery and daring" of first responders, adding, "As a lifelong New Yorker, it was extraordinary to witness the strength and resilience of people of that incredible city ... They raced into danger toward the smoke without a thought of their own safety."
Trump took time to mention the "terrible decisions" made by the current administration in recent weeks, a clear reference to the move to pull troops out of Afghanistan and the resulting crisis, which continues today as the Taliban has now taken full control of the government. He also told the story of the Rev. Mychal Judge, famed chaplain of the Fire Department of New York, who prayed over bodies lying in the streets on 9/11, then entered the North Tower to pray until that tower came down. Judge's death was the first officially recorded as a result of the terrorist attacks of 9/11.
"You do what God called you to do," Judge had told a group of firefighters the day before he died, Trump said, adding that Judge's words remind us that God is the ultimate answer to evil. He also highlighted a special announcement from Let Us Worship, which is calling the nation to 21 days of prayer, teased by Sean Feucht in a social media announcement the day of the event:
The Let Us Worship team is hosting prayer at the Supreme Court at 9:30 a.m. Eastern today, Sunday, Sept. 12, as well as prayer at the White House at 11 a.m. and at the Lincoln Memorial at 1:30 p.m. Tonight at 5 p.m. Eastern, the team will again host a Let Us Worship event on the National Mall.
For more information on how you can fight back against cancel culture, make sure to get a copy of what Charisma founder and CEO Stephen Strang says is his most important book yet. God and Cancel Culture, released Sept. 7, is now available wherever fine books are sold. Order it at stevestrangbooks.com and, for a limited time, receive $120 worth of gifts, including four e-books and a subscription to Charisma magazine.
Follow breaking news like this on our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details