One of the largest clinics in Texas rushed to complete a whopping 67 abortions in just 17 hours, ahead of implementation of the state's heartbeat bill, effectively outlawing abortion.
The pro-life law took effect Wednesday at 12 a.m. And, according to a report from the leftist news site The 19th, the Whole Woman's Health clinic in Fort Worth was teeming with patients well into Tuesday night.
Marva Sadler, the director for clinical services, "looked at the patients waiting in the lobby, at the list of patients waiting to return, at even more patients waiting outside in cars surrounded by protesters—and realized they might not get to everyone," the outlet reported.
Depicting the new law as an unmitigated assault on women's rights, the 19th described Sadler as determining the clinic needed to perform "eight abortions an hour with only one doctor on duty, an octogenarian who had been working since 7 a.m."
From the site:
Outside, chants came in through a bullhorn, protesters shouting prayer verses and arguing the clinic was too full. Already the police had been called. The fire marshal would come twice over capacity issues inside the clinic. Employees could see protesters through their security cameras and through windows of the small brick building.
They are watching us, Sadler thought, and they're winning.
Inside, she looked at her team: eight people total between the techs and the front office staff, the doctor and three staff members from a nearby clinic they brought in to help. She asked them to take a breath.
"We are not the bad guys here," she told them. "We are doing everything right and we're going to help everybody that we can. If there's someone that we can't help, it's not our fault."
The author of the article, Chabeli Carrazana, focused on one woman, a drug user set to begin serving a five-year prison sentence in a week. The woman, who was 12 weeks pregnant, already had three kids at home and didn't want to deliver her fourth child while she was behind bars.
Carrazana reported the woman "dropped to her knees on the cold tile floor in front of Sadler, begging her to take her, to perform the abortion."
For the rest of this story, please visit our content partners at faithwire.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details