Several churches in Louisiana canceled services ahead of the potentially catastrophic Hurricane Ida imminent to hit that area Sunday morning. But more importantly, residents are asking for the prayer they urgently need.
The Associated Press reported that "Hurricane Ida rapidly grew in strength early Sunday, becoming a dangerous Category 4 hurricane just hours before hitting the Louisiana coast while emergency officials in the region grappled with opening shelters for displaced evacuees despite the risks of spreading the coronavirus. As Ida moved through some of the warmest ocean water in the world in the northern Gulf of Mexico, its top winds grew by 45 mph (72 kph) to 150 mph (230 kph) in five hours."
The system was expected to make landfall on the same date, Aug. 30, that saw catastrophic Hurricane Katrina ravage Louisiana and Mississippi in 2005.
First Pentecostal Church of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, did not hold services and released this information on its Facebook page to help people trying to evacuate: "Praying for Louisiana #Ida. If you and your family are evacuating, visit 511la.org for info on road conditions and traffic."
One of the church's Facebook followers, Veronica Auzenne, commented:
"LORD please turn this hurricane around and send back in gulf in the mighty name of JESUS."
Bethany Church, pastored by Jonathan Stockstill, released this message on Facebook:
PEACE + PROTECTION: We are praying for you & your family's peace and protection! We're praying that the Lord brings peace to your mind and guides you during this time!
"I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid" (John 14:27).
"And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith" (Matthew 21:22).
The Vineyard Worship Center in Kenner, Louisiana, posted this on Facebook:
Stay tuned to Charismanews.com for more coverage on Hurricane Ida.
Follow breaking news like this on our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details