Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
Earlier this week, Pastor Jack Hibbs of Calvary Chapel Chino Hills in California says he "broke down bawling" when he received texts from friends on the ground in Afghanistan saying they were getting ready to leave the country.
During the recent withdrawal of U.S. troops, Afghanistan has been overrun by the Taliban, a radical Islamic terrorist group, and murder and chaos have ensued.
"People are safe and getting out, and that's all because of prayer," Hibbs told his congregation earlier this week. "We have friends who are on the ground in Afghanistan who were at the airport in Kabul. For the most part, the news has been horrific.
Standing at his kitchen window, 90-year-old Buddy McNabb had an ark-like experience as he and his three dogs watched the water around his mobile home continue to rise.
A sheriff in Waverly, Tennessee, said Sunday at least 22 people died in the record-setting rain that precipitated devastating floods in Humphreys County.
McNabb—initially believing he would be among those who passed away—credited his miraculous survival to God during an interview with The Weather Channel.
As we feared, President Biden's hasty withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan has ushered in the return of the Islamic State. This has provided exactly the safe haven ISIS has been waiting for to re-emerge.
In addition to the growing concern of terrorist attacks on the U.S. as a result of the chaos in Afghanistan, the Taliban has now put a time limit on when Americans can exit safely.
The Taliban has warned the U.S. that the deadline for safe exit is August 31st. If the evacuation goes past that date, the Taliban says there will be consequences. On top of that, we went from 2,500 U.S. troops keeping Afghanistan relatively calm, up to 6,800 U.S. troops just to secure an airport. So now the Taliban has given us a deadline of August 31st to get at least 6,800 troops out of Afghanistan.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details