Following is a quick rundown of the top stories on charismanews.com:
The Food and Drug Administration has now granted approval for the Pfizer Inc/BioNTech COVID-19 two-dose injection, marketed as Comirnaty, for use in people ages 16 and older, despite the fact John Hopkins University of Medicine states that a typical vaccine development timeline takes 5 to 10 years, and sometimes longer to assess safety and efficacy.
This approval was the fastest in the agency's history, coming less than four months after Pfizer-BioNTech filed for licensing on May 7. It is still available under emergency use authorization for adolescents ages 12 to 15. The FDA gave emergency use authorization for 16-year-olds and older in December and then later gave further emergency use authorization for ages 12 and up in May.
Moderna filed for full approval June 1, and Johnson & Johnson has plans to apply for approval later this year.
"The school board received opinions from many citizens tonight and we had the opportunity to discuss with them. We decided not to take any action against the currently proposed transgender policy. That is, it is not valid, "said Victoria Proffitt, chairwoman of the Chesapeake Board of Education.
Under guidance from the Virginia Department of Education, non-binary and transgender students can play on gender-specific sports teams or use restrooms and other facilities that correspond to the identity of their choice rather than their birth gender. The school district's proposed policies, an adaptation of the state's, did not reach a board vote as only board member Patricia King moved to consider them, without receiving a second.
Pause for a moment and enjoy peaceful worship featuring a perhaps-unexpected soloist: pop star Justin Bieber.
Bieber participated in The Freedom Experience concert, which took place following 1DayLA's massive volunteer outreach in Southern California July 18-24. The concert also featured Kari Jobe, Cody Carnes, Tori Kelly, Chandler Moore from Maverick City Music, Chance the Rapper and Jayden Smith.
The Freedom Experience took its name from Bieber's first gospel EP, Freedom, which he released on Easter Sunday, per chvnradio.com. This song, "Purpose," seems to express some of what Bieber lacked in his prodigal days and now finds in the renewal of his relationship with Jesus Christ.
Follow breaking news like this on our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details