Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
The LGBT community has scored a legal victory against Hobby Lobby concerning the discrimination of one of its transgender employees, and the decision, her lawyer says, could have nationwide implications.
An Illinois appellate court has ruled that the retail giant violated an anti-discrimination law by denying Meggan Sommerville, a 51-year-old transgender woman who has worked at one of Hobby Lobby's locations in Aurora for more than 20 years, access to the store's women's room since transitioning in 2010, several media outlets have reported.
NBCnews.com reported that Sommerville had, "as a result," suffered "anxiety and recurring nightmares and has been forced to limit fluid intake. As a result, the commission awarded Sommerville, who still works for Hobby Lobby, $220,000 for emotional distress and attorney's fees in 2019.
As chaos and evil continue to ensue after the Taliban takeover in Afghanistan, preachers like Jack Hibbs of Calvary Chapel Chino Hills in Chino, California, are rising up to pray for the protection of God's sons and daughters who remain in the war-torn country.
Hibbs compared the Taliban to a man named Saul of Tarsus, who persecuted Christians but was redeemed through the blood of Christ and became Paul, a man who spent the rest of his life working tirelessly for the kingdom.
Lord, we come before You this evening, that our brothers and sisters in Afghanistan are protected by You, and Lord, if they are to be martyred, may your grace overwhelm them to where their departure from this world is such an amazing witness to the Muslims that Satan loses his grip on them. America may have been defeated in Afghanistan, but that doesn't matter in the grand scheme. The true grand scheme is that Satan loses this really big, and he loses big because souls are being snatched from his grip and brought into the bosom of Jesus Christ. ...
Kay Smith, the wife of Calvary Chapel movement founder Chuck Smith, died this past week at the age of 94. Chuck preceded his wife in death at age 86 in October 2013.
Chuck Smith, who was an integral part of the Jesus Movement in the 1960s and the 1970s, often referred to his wife's important role in reaching the drug-addicted, disenfranchised youth in Southern California, calvarychapelmagazine.org reported. "Kay was the first to reach out to the hippies of the 1960s. Her prayers and her tears laid the foundation of our church, Calvary Chapel."
The Calvary Chapel movement began in the late 1960s and, over the decades, has grown to 1,500 churches around the globe.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details