A former University of Louisville Medical School student has sued the school, alleging he was expelled just months before graduation over his pro-life views.
The Daily Wire reports Austin Clark filed a lawsuit against the university's President Neeli Bendapudi and 13 other staff members arguing that the school condoned "demeaning and harassing behavior" and expelled him due to his pro-life views in July of 2020.
Clark, a fourth-year medical student and conservative Christian, was on the leadership board of his Medical Students for Life group. He alleges that the school's actions were retaliatory after repeated testy conversations with the school's faculty.
He claims the school's vindictive response can be traced back to the hosting of a pro-life speaking event in 2018, according to the pro-life group Students for Life.
The lawsuit claims the school attempted to prevent Alex McFarland, a Christian speaker, from making a presentation on the subject of when human life actually begins. Many of the school's faculty and students were opposed to the event, which led to the religious rights law firm Alliance Defending Freedom becoming involved.
According to the lawsuit, a professor allegedly called Clark "stupid" and even questioned the way his "brain was working."
The former student's lawsuit claims that such comments are often "directed toward medical students and trainees ... behavior that is particularly hostile against religious and conservative students."
The suit also alleges that following the campus speaking event, instructors began to treat Clark differently. Allegations range from academic punishment to claims of physical harassment which led to a decline in the former student's mental health, according to The Daily Wire.
For the rest of this article, please visit our content partners at cbnnews.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details