The new film called Trans Mission: What's the Rush to Reassign Gender? sheds light on the issue of children with gender dysphoria and the rise in treating them with puberty blocking drugs and surgery.
The film also highlights the role medical professionals play in encouraging such practices.
"There are doctors in the U.S. who will go to work today and oversee the chemical castration of little boys, who will put 14-year-old girls into menopause and give troubled young girls cosmetic mastectomies," one woman says in the film.
The 52-minute documentary features interviews with health experts, activists, parents and educators discussing the medical and surgical transitioning of children.
The film's producer, Jennifer Lahl of the Center for Bioethics, says trans men are helping to fuel the trend.
"They aren't happy that they had to transition after puberty because after puberty you have an Adam's apple, you have a deep voice, you have big hands and feet, you know, you're large," Lahl told CBN News. "But this notion within the trans activists is, 'Ah ha, we can fix this by blocking puberty in these young boys and girls.'"
Lahl also responds to the push to allow children to make their own decision to transition from their biological sex without parental approval.
"How on earth could a 7- or 8- or 9-year-old young person say, 'Yes I'd like to have my uterus removed or I'd like to be put on wrong sex hormones so I don't develop sperm or grow facial hair,'" Lahl asked. "When we think we can willy-nilly stop that and block that, that there's not going to be any short-and long-term harm, it's unfathomable."
Doctors who oppose such treatment point out how transgender pediatric medicine lacks long-term data on how hormones, puberty blockers, and gender surgeries affect the body throughout a lifetime.
"The reality is we don't have any long-term studies in children and there is very good reason to be concerned about the outcome," said Dr. Paul Hruz, a pediatric researcher at the Washington University School of Medicine.
The film, which is now available on YouTube, features parents talking about medical professionals who pressured them to support their children's gender confusion.
"The pediatrician she said that if I didn't affirm my daughter's identity and I didn't get the help she needed and she killed herself, I was going to feel awfully guilty," said one mother.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc., All rights reserved.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details