The Department of Veterans Affairs became the first federal agency on Monday to require vaccination for its 115,000 health care workers. The American Medical Association and 56 other leading medical organizations are now calling for mandatory vaccinations for workers at all health care settings, including nursing homes nationwide.
California will soon require vaccination or negative weekly COVID tests for state and health care workers. New York City will also mandate vaccines or tests for municipal workers, including teachers and health care workers, and urging private employers to require shots.
"It's quite clear the delta variant has changed the game," said New York Mayor Bill de Blasio (D). "We need to move to stronger measures."
In the meantime, Florida's governor says ordinary people should not be forced or mocked into taking the vaccine.
"They have different reasons for why they don't take it, and I think that the more they're hectored by government officials or some of these folks, that is not gonna get them to 'yes,' I can tell you that right now," said Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).
Los Angeles, California; St. Louis, Missouri; Savannah, Georgia and other areas are imposing mask mandates indoors even for the vaccinated. That goes against CDC guidance stating only the unvaccinated should wear masks inside, but that may change.
"It is scary, especially when the numbers are getting worse," Missouri resident Audrey Thomas said. "I definitely think wearing masks would be a good thing."
The delta variant, which makes up 83% of COVID cases in America, is much more contagious than other strains we've seen before, largely because people infected with it can carry up to 1,000 times more virus. That means people who have no immunity are most vulnerable.
For the rest of the story, visit our content partners at cbnnews.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details