Fitch argued in her filing that "The conclusion that abortion is a constitutional right has no basis in text, structure, history, or tradition," and that the 1973 decision is "dangerously corrosive to our constitutional system, adding that "Abortion is fundamentally different from any right this Court has ever endorsed, No other right involves, as abortion does, 'the purposeful termination of a potential life,'" per The Epoch Times.
"Roe broke from prior cases, Casey failed to rehabilitate it, and both recognize a right that has no basis in the Constitution," she continued. "Heightened scrutiny of abortion laws can never serve those aims, because the Constitution does not protect a right to abortion, it provides no guidance to courts on how to account for the interests in this context."
The battle for life has been long and grueling. Conservatives have been fighting against Roe v. Wade and the 1992 follow-up decision of Planned Parenthood v. Casey, which prohibited laws that placed "undue burdens" on a woman's choice for abortion. Speculations run high as to how President Trump's appointment of Justice Amy Coney Barrett, a charismatic Catholic, will affect the upcoming decision.
Mississippi's only abortion clinic, the Jackson Women's Health Organization, is arguing in opposition that 50 years of Roe v. Wade is precedent and, as it wrote in 2020, "Before viability, the State's interests, whatever they may be, cannot override a pregnant person's interests in their liberty and autonomy over their own body."
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details