Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
As talks about COVID-19 measures and controversy around the first transgender athlete to compete swirl around the upcoming Olympic Games, one track star has a far different focus: being the best athlete she can, all for the glory of God.
Sydney McLaughlin, a New Jersey native, is the new world record-holder for the women's 400-meter hurdles. She clocked a time of 51.90 seconds at the June 27 U.S. Olympic Trials. But the 21-year-old says this amazing feat was only possible by one thing: God's race plan.
Following the meet, McLaughlin posted on Instagram how getting to that race was evidence of the testimony of God's grace and guidance in her life. "Weeks like these are some of the hardest in a track athletes life," she wrote, referring to the time of preparation she endured leading up to a meet she called "something special."
Pennsylvania's highest court threw out Bill Cosby's sexual assault conviction and opened the way for his immediate release from prison Wednesday in a stunning reversal of fortune for the comedian once known as "America's Dad," ruling that the prosecutor who brought the case was bound by his predecessor's agreement not to charge Cosby.
Cosby, 83, has served more than two years of a three- to 10-year sentence after being found guilty of drugging and violating Temple University sports administrator Andrea Constand at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004. He was the first celebrity tried and convicted in the #MeToo era.
The former Cosby Show star was arrested in 2015, when a district attorney armed with newly unsealed evidence—the comic's damaging deposition testimony in a lawsuit brought by Constand—brought charges against him days before the 12-year statute of limitations ran out.
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free/ And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
"And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today/Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land! God bless the U.S.A." —"Proud To Be an American," Lee Greenwood
The July 4th weekend is for most of us a joyous occasion celebrating the birthday of this great nation. A day off work to enjoy family, friends, fireworks and festivities that lift our spirits.
This in spite of the results of a recent poll of 400,000 college students where 57% of the liberal students answered no to the question "Are you proud to be an American?" And how about the heavyweight hammer throwing Olympian who showed contempt by refusing to honor our flag and National Anthem on the platform in the trials?
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details