A Londonderry, New Hampshire, restaurant that suffered like many businesses under the strain of COVID-19 received an incredibly generous tip this week.
A customer came into the Stumble Inn Bar and Grill and ordered a couple of chili dogs, fried pickle chips and drinks totaling $37.93 with tax.
As he gave the signed receipt to the waitress, the anonymous donor commended their hard work, saying, "Don't spend it all in one place."
The man had to repeat himself three times before the waitress realized what his comment meant, according to WMUR 9.
Finally, "that's what made her flip it over," owner Mike Zarella told the news station. "I want you to have it, you guys work hard," the man told her.
Speaking with the eight bartenders on duty, Zarella was convinced it had to be a mistake, and insisted that a few extra zeros were added.
"I thought it was a mistake, it could have been maybe a $160 tip and he added extra zeros," Zarella said. "The bar manager talked to the gentleman and he said, 'No, it's $16,000.'"
The tip was split between the bartenders that worked the June 12 shift. Zarella said the generosity would be spread to the entire staff, including those in the back of the house and the kitchen.
"I've spoken with him," Zarella said, adding that he thanked the customer and—again— confirmed "it was his intention" to leave so much money for his employees.
The patron, Zarella said, was not one of the regular customers who supported the restaurant when it adjusted to serving only take-out while in-person seating was closed during the pandemic. He had only started coming in "a month ago," Zarella explained. The restaurant had reopened May 18. The manager said he has seen the patron visit a few times since his grand display of generosity.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details