Citing evidence that COVID-19 has little to no effect on children, one Georgia mom is calling for her school district board of education to cease the mask mandate, saying the social and emotional health of children everywhere are at stake.
If the social and emotional state of children were a priority for the Gwinnett County Board of Education as has been previously expressed, Courtney Ann Taylor says, the mask mandate would end immediately.
This is Courtney Ann Taylor, a mother in Georgia. She's one of the many parents who've HAD IT with mask mandates, especially for young kids in school.— Errol Webber (@ErrolWebber) April 22, 2021
Share this video! pic.twitter.com/pyG3fYmgVI
Her emotional plea has gone viral, the implications of which she spoke about on a recent episode of Fox and Friends.
"I think month after month I have been waiting for this mask requirement to end or at the very least ease up, and there's just no end in sight and nobody's even having the discussion about when this is going to stop," Taylor says in the interview.
Citing the numerous reasons as to why young children should be allowed to attend school without COVID guidelines in place, Taylor says the fact that all adults in Georgia are eligible to receive the vaccine and to continue current restrictions is shirking the blessing of that fact.
"It's a blessing. But as the adults, what have we done with that blessing?" she asks. "We've shoved it to the side and have said, 'We don't care, you're still going to wear a mask on your face every day, 5 and 6-year-olds."
"We're still going to force you to carry a burden that was never yours to carry," she cries with her words catching in her throat. "Shame on us."
In addition to her commitment to continuing to appeal to the school board, Taylor started a change.org petition, in which she sets schools in their rightful place. "Stop trying to parent our children for us," a portion of the description reads. "Give our children their childhoods back."
The petition has garnered over 1,400 signatures from parents and supporters, exceeding the original goal of 1,000.
She concluded the Fox and Friends interview with a call to action for parents who are in agreement with her: "I encourage parents across this country to please get involved and go to these meetings and let your voice be heard. We are our children's voice. And I encourage everybody to get involved in your children's education."
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details