Billy Graham Rapid Response Team (BG-RRT) chaplains are responding to last night's deadly shooting in Indianapolis, Indiana, where a gunman killed eight people and wounded several others. Police officers arriving to the FedEx warehouse called it "a very chaotic scene, with victims and witnesses running everywhere." News reports say the gunman took his own life afterward.
This morning, Franklin Graham posted on Facebook asking for prayer.
Pray for the families of those killed last night in a FedEx facility in Indianapolis. Also lift up the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department and first responders in prayer.Posted by Franklin Graham on Friday, April 16, 2021
The Rapid Response Team's Mobile Ministry Center is also en route, which will offer a quiet place for residents to talk with chaplains.
"As we learned of another senseless act of violence that took so many lives, our hearts are broken for all of those who lost friends, family members and co-workers," said Josh Holland, BG-RRT's assistant director. "We are sending our team of crisis-trained chaplains to provide a ministry of presence, offering hope and comfort to those who are grieving and hurting."
The BG-RRT is also ministering in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, after civil unrest broke out last weekend. In addition, chaplains are deployed to Newman, Georgia, following deadly overnight tornadoes in late March.
In all tragedies, emotional and spiritual care is very needed. Holland emphasized the importance of supporting those who lost loved ones in the Indianapolis shooting, an unimaginably hard loss, and for those whose family members were wounded.
"In the midst of their pain, we want them to know that God still loves them and cares about them."
Please keep the Indianapolis community, family members and law enforcement officers in your prayers.
© 2021 BGEA
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details