For the third time in a little more than a month, Spirit Airlines was involved in a controversy surrounding COVID restrictions. The most recent incident happened to an Orthodox Jewish family during Passover last weekend on a plane bound from Orlando, Florida, to New York.
The Yeshiva World reported that the family of four was removed by a flight attendant because their two-year-old was eating yogurt on her mother's lap—and, of course, she wasn't wearing a mask.
Video footage taken by a passenger shows that, although the family was willing to comply with the mask regulations, the flight attendant was adamant about the family being removed from the plane. The attendant left the area where the family was sitting and informed them that she would "call the police."
The father told the attendant that the child was a special needs child—and the mother is seven months pregnant—but that they would comply with the rules. The flight attendant, however, did not pay heed to the father's pleas.
The entire flight was forced to deplane because of the child. An hour later, Yeshiva World reported, the entire flight was allowed to board again, including the child. Ironically, the flight attendant did not reboard.
YWN has published several articles about Spirit Airlines recently.
The website says that "Multiple Orthodox Jews told YWN they were banned from the airline for no reason at all. No reason was ever given." And, "Just two weeks ago, YWN published a story about Spirit Airlines threw a 4-year-old autistic child, with a doctor's note, off a flight for 'no mask.' The child had a 'medical note from his physician stating that he's exempt from wearing masks because whenever he wears a mask he holds his breath or he starts freaking out and he will harm himself.'"
Watch the video to get the entire saga of Spirit Airlines and this Jewish family.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details