Here are the top five stories featured this week on charismanews.com:
I witnessed plenty of Christians jockeying for positions but very few calling for prayer and fasting. I saw an abundance of pride but not much humility. Had Donald Trump been elected, the "pride-o-meter" in many of our hearts would have been off the charts (mine included). God definitely humbled me!
Notice, I didn't say, "had he won," because I believe he did win the vote, but I also believe that God allowed fraud in order to wake us up. Throughout the Old Testament—from the conspiracy against King Joash to Athaliah's destruction of all the kingly heirs—God often allowed kings to gain power through deceit and deception to humble His people (see 2 Kings 11:1, 12:20).
After being banned from social media, former President Donald Trump is following in the footsteps of embattled Mike Lindell in taking the first steps to allegedly create his own social media platform by launching an online site called 45office.com.
First, while the sneakers will be here today and gone tomorrow, we must not underestimate Lil Nas X's influence on children in general. Rather, as reported by NPR on Jan. 5, children are his "core audience right now," and by children, NPR meant little children.
I'm talking about children who watch Sesame Street. (Check out this video of the rapper appearing on Sesame Street and performing with the Muppets.) I'm talking about elementary school children.
American rapper Lil Nas X released a limited edition of "Satan Shoes" today, complete with a pentagram, an inverted cross and a drop of real human blood.
Lil Nas X, whose real name is Montero Lamar Hill, collaborated with provocative art collective MSCHF to create the red and black sneakers, which reference Luke 10:18 on the sides. The verse reads: "He said to them, 'I saw Satan as lightning fall from heaven.'"
The singer also released a video over the weekend titled, "Lil Nas X Apologizes for Satan Shoe." Lacking any trace of an apology, it depicts his newest explicit music video, "Montero (Call Me By Your Name)."
Over the past week I have been hearing the Lord say to read the book of Amos. As I read, what became outstanding to me was that things had reached a state where God decided it was time to do something—He would no longer turn aside.
The situation was grave and called for significant measures, where it became necessary to bring out heaven's ultimate weapon against corruption—the only solution to the problem. God said to Amos, "I am sending the plumb line!"
"And the Lord said to me, 'Amos, what do you see?' And I said, 'A plumb line.' Then the Lord said: 'Behold, I am setting a plumb line in the midst of My people Israel; I will not pass by them anymore'" (Amos 7:8).
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details