Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
Renowned Bible teacher and longtime Southern Baptist author and speaker Beth Moore has made a staggering decision public: On March 5, she told Religion News Service in an interview that she is "no longer a Southern Baptist."
"I am still a Baptist, but I can no longer identify with Southern Baptists," Moore said. "I love so many Southern Baptist people, so many Southern Baptist churches, but I don't identify with some of the things in our heritage that haven't remained in the past." She also told RNS that she has ended her long-term relationship with Lifeway Christian, which will continue distributing her books but will no longer publish them or administer her live events.
Jeremiah Johnson, the self-described prophet who faced backlash from fellow evangelical Christians after publicly apologizing for prophesying former President Donald Trump would be reelected president, is ending Jeremiah Johnson Ministries.
The announcement comes "after much prayer and the clear direction of the Lord," Johnson said Monday (March 8) on his Facebook page.
It also comes after his abrupt two-week hiatus in the middle of a YouTube series he titled "I Was Wrong."
Johnson said during the series, which he described as a money loser, that apologizing wasn't enough.
In response to the Equality Act, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem tweeted Monday her excitement to sign a bill restricting biological males from participating in high school and college girls' sports teams. South Dakota is one of more than 20 states this year that has considered legislative measures along these lines, including Mississippi, where lawmakers have already passed an identical bill banning transgender women from participating in women's and girls' sports teams. Noem's response comes after the bill passed the state Senate in a 20-15 vote.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details