Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
One of the early gay activist talking points was that 1 in 10 people were gay, even though the activists knew this was not true. That's why it was significant when, in 2011, demographer Gary Gates, himself gay, "released a review of population-based surveys on the topic, estimating that 3.5% of adults in the United States identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual, with bisexuals making up a slight majority of that figure."
Other surveys came to similar conclusions, and even as recently as 2017, a Gallup poll put the total percentage of Americans who identify as LGBT at 4.5%. The newest Gallup poll, however, puts that number at 5.6%.
More strikingly, the poll indicates that 1 out of every 6 generation Z adults (meaning over 16% of those aged 18-23) identify as LGBT. How can this be?
The House voted Thursday to pass landmark LGBTQ legislation in a move that critics say would crush religious liberty.
The vote was 224 to 206 with three Republicans joining the Democrat majority to vote "Yes."
The bill, known as the Equality Act or H.R.5, passed 236-173 in the House in 2019 although it died in the Senate. Now, it's possible the Senate will give it a real look.
Lots of things can happen during the 40 Days for Life. The annual campaign of prayer, fasting and 24-hour vigils outside abortion clinics has saved thousands of unborn children and led to countless conversions.
It has also brought together people of faith from many Christian denominations.
The 40 Days for Life began on Feb. 17, coinciding with Ash Wednesday, which marked the beginning of Lent. The campaign ends on March 28, while Lent continues until Easter Weekend, ending on Holy Saturday (April 2), the day before Easter.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details