Life expectancy in the United States dropped an entire year in the first half of 2020 after a wave of coronavirus deaths swept the nation. It fell from 78.8 years in 2019 down to 77.8 years in 2020. It's the biggest drop since World War II.
The study shows minorities suffered worst, with Black people losing nearly three years and Hispanics almost two.
Meanwhile, extreme winter weather has either halted or delayed vaccine distribution in 34 states. President Biden is pledging most Americans can get a shot by the end of July but says it could be longer before life begins to return to normal.
"By next Christmas, I think we'll be in a very different circumstance, God willing, than we are today," Biden said.
"A year from now, I think that there will be significantly fewer people having to be socially distanced, having to wear a mask, but we don't know. We don't know for certain, but it is highly unlikely that, by the beginning of the next school year, traditional school year in September, we are not significantly better off than we are today," he said.
Franklin Graham says Biden's prediction is just another reason to be concerned that the U.S. government has too much power to control people's lives in America.
"We want this president—every president—to do well, but our nation is facing serious problems. @POTUS Biden indicated that the COVID restrictions could go on through the end of the year. It should concern all Americans that our government has this much control over our lives," Graham tweeted.
We want this president—every president—to do well, but our nation is facing serious problems. @POTUS Biden indicated that the COVID restrictions could go on through the end of the year. It should concern all Americans that our government has this much control over our lives. 2/3— Franklin Graham (@Franklin_Graham) February 18, 2021
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc., All rights reserved.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details