Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
Forty-five Republican senators voted against a potential second impeachment trial for former President Donald J. Trump Tuesday. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., had called for a procedural vote regarding the constitutionality of the effort filed by the House since Trump is now out of office.
"If you voted that it was unconstitutional, how in the world would you ever vote to convict somebody for this?" Paul told reporters, according to Politico. "This vote indicates it's over. The trial is all over."
House Democrats accused Trump of "incitement of insurrection" in the Jan. 6 Capitol Hill riot, voting in favor of the impeachment without holding hearings and sending the vote to the Senate, where a trial could disqualify him from office.
I have a new prayer for a future age, based on a past age.
When I was a child, Jim Crow laws were still kicking. It was the tail end of some of our nation's harshest racism when skin color dictated treatment and regulated fairness. The population seethed with rage at unrequited justice.
The history and horror of mistreatment, coupled with the inability to escape overarching bigotry, stamped your core foundation as a child. Out of self-preservation, you had to build defenses that safeguarded, but never insulated, your psyche. Panic would grip you when you left the security and familiarity of a Black neighborhood to venture into the white world.
The solution to the challenges that stand before us as a nation are "Democracy and Unity."
President Joe Biden said, "Democracy has prevailed: Unity is the path forward" in his inaugural address.
I am amazed that many of my dear friends are shocked that the election did not turn out as expected. It wouldn't be the first time, and it probably won't be the last. I am equally shocked and disappointed by responses that I have seen and read in videos and text from my fellow Christians.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details