Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
Randy and Josh Clark, founder and executive director of Global Awakening, have announced the launch of the ministry's new podcast, Building Bridges. The introduction to the podcast says the ministry intends it as a voice of reason and truth, one that calls the church to the unity of the Spirit in a way that doesn't demand conformity.
In the first episode of Building Bridges, the Clarks hosted prophets Kris Vallotton, senior associate leader of Bethel Church in Redding, California; Kim Maas of Kim Maas Ministries and Christian futurist Mark Chironna for "a review of the happenings within the charismatic movement surrounding the recent election and the prophetic words that President Trump would win," Josh explains.
Josh says future episodes will be hosted by different pairings of people within the Global Awakening ministry; each will focus on "leveraging the prophetic mandate over this ministry to be a bridge builder" with the ultimate goal of enriching the body and building up the church.
It's the perennial question going back to Constantine in the fourth century of this era. How much power can Christians handle? Put another way, are we better off when we are the persecuted minority or the empowered majority?
One of my friends, who lived in Israel for 16 years, was speaking with an Iranian Christian leader. He asked him, "Would you like to go back to the days of the Shah, when Christians had full religious liberty?"
The Iranian friend replied, "Absolutely not. The church is thriving now under Islamic persecution and growing like never before. We're actually praying for more persecution."
Like every German child, Leo Ebe spent many days in school learning about World War II and the Holocaust.
But it wasn't until Ebe's church in Tübingen, in southern Germany, urged its members to investigate what, if any, role their relatives played in the Holocaust that he learned about his personal connection to the country's Nazi past.
Ebe, then a young teen, discovered that his great-grandfather served in the SS, the elite guard of the Nazi Reich, in Eastern Europe. "My great-grandfather helped burn Jewish villages and took precious things like art and jewelry from the Jews. He organized riots. The army went into the villages and made sure no was left alive," Ebe said.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details