Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
These are momentous and dangerous days for our country and its people. When I last wrote to you in late December, this was my opening statement:
"America faces the possibility of catastrophic change. By the time you receive this letter, you will know what I can only speculate about today. Everything depends on two legal developments: first, whether or not the U.S. Supreme Court addresses the legitimacy of the presidential election on Nov. 3; the second depends on the outcome of two runoff elections in Georgia, scheduled for Jan. 5. On these two turning points hang the future of our great nation, and eventually, the world."
Well, we now know the outcome of these two critical contingencies. First, on Dec. 11, the Supreme Court refused to consider a carefully prepared case brought by the state of Texas and 18 others.
Pastor Kirbyjon Caldwell, 67, has been sentenced to six years in prison for the role he played in a multimillion-dollar investment fraud. The Houston, Texas-based former pastor was sentenced Wednesday by U.S. District Judge S. Maurice Hicks Jr. in Shreveport, Louisiana. He had pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud on March 11, 2020, nearly two years after the indictment.
As a pastor and spiritual leader, Caldwell was well known nationally. He served as a spiritual adviser for Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama.
While senior pastor of Windsor Village United Methodist Church, Caldwell began a business partnership with Louisiana investment adviser Gregory Alan Smith, who sold Chinese heritage bonds he promised would yield generous dividends.
John Earle Sullivan said he was at the Capitol on Jan. 6 as a journalist. But in the video he provided to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, he is heard making comments about burning the building, breaking a window, telling police to go home and profanity about President Donald J. Trump.
He was arrested Thursday in Provo, Utah, for his role in the riot. Sullivan now faces three charges from that day: knowingly entering a restricted building, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds and interfering with law enforcement.
"In at least two encounters, Sullivan can be heard on the video arguing with the officers, telling them to stand down so that they do not get hurt," according to an affidavit filed by FBI Special Agent Matthew Foulger. "Among other things, Sullivan can be heard telling officers, 'You are putting yourself in harm's way,' and "The people have spoken."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details