Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
President Donald J. Trump delivered a video message to Americans Wednesday night, calling upon them, whether "on the left or on the right, a Democrat or a Republican," to seek ways to ease tension.
As of this morning, the message distributed through the White House Twitter account has been viewed 9.3 million times. With a presidential tone, the president said he "unequivocally condemns the violence" that occurred last week at the Capitol.
"Making America Great Again has always been about defending the rule of law, supporting the men and women of law enforcement and upholding our nation's most sacred traditions and values," he says. "Mob violence goes against everything I believe in and everything our movement stands for. No true supporter of mine could ever endorse political violence. No true supporter of mine could ever disrespect law enforcement or our great American Flag. No supporter of mine could ever threaten or harass their fellow Americans. If you do any of these things, you are not supporting our movement, you are attacking it, and you are attacking our country."
In an important, probing article, David French claimed that "A violent Christian insurrection invaded and occupied the Capitol." Is there truth to this serious charge?
He wrote, "Why do I say this was a Christian insurrection? Because so very many of the protesters told us they were Christian, as loudly and clearly as they could."
He notes that there "was a giant wooden cross outside the Capitol" and adds that "'Jesus saves' signs and other Christian signs were sprinkled through the crowd. I watched a man carry a Christian flag into an evacuated legislative chamber."
The United States Supreme Court reinstated a requirement enacted by the US Food and Drug Administration that women seeking to obtain abortion drugs must pick them up in person from a hospital or medical office rather than receiving them by mail.
The high court ruled 6-3 in Food and Drug Administration v. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists that the FDA abortion drug rule may go into effect and lifted a nationwide injunction against it. It granted the FDA request to reinstate enforcement for the "Elements to Assure Safe Use" in the Risk Evaluation Mitigation Strategy for the chemical abortion pill mifepristone.
"Abortion drugs are not safe," Liberty Counsel founder and Chairman Mat Staver said. "Abortion harms women and kills children."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details