An attorney for PBS has been fired after being caught on camera saying the children of President Donald J. Trump supporters should be taken from their families and sent to re-education camps.
Michael Beller was a contracts attorney for the PBS general council office. He was fired after Project Veritas published a video in which he shares political opinions that include describing the president as "close to Hitler."
The video, which was released Tuesday, was recorded prior to the 2020 election. The conversation videotaped was between Beller and a woman Project Veritas describes as a journalist.
In it, Beller says, "Even if Biden wins, we go for all the Republican voters, and Homeland Security will take their children away. And we'll put them in reeducation camps. What do you think about that?"
He also called them "enlightenment camps" and said that "they're nice. They have Sesame Street characters in the classroom, and they watch PBS all day."
Throughout the discussion, Beller talks of various election outcomes. In a fragmented statement in which he appears to be responding to a question about Democratic candidate Joe Biden losing the election, he describes going to the White House to throw Molotov cocktails.
In addition to terminating Beller, PBS is distancing itself from him and his outlook saying,
BREAKING: @PBS Principal Counsel Michael Beller Incites Political Violence In Radical Left-Wing Agenda— James O'Keefe (@JamesOKeefeIII) January 12, 2021
"Go to the White House & throw Molotov cocktails..."
"Even if Biden wins, we go for all the Republican voters, Homeland Security will take their children away..."#ExposePBS pic.twitter.com/OzBLeCP8YH
"There is no place for hateful rhetoric at PBS, and this individual's views in no way reflect our values or opinions," PBS continued. "We strongly condemn violence and will continue to do what we have done for 50 years—use our national platform and local presence to strengthen communities and bring people together."
Project Veritas was founded by James O'Keefe in 2011 as a nonprofit journalism enterprise to perform undercover work. Its goal is to investigate and expose corruption, dishonesty and other misconduct in both public and private institutions.
In a tweet, O'Keefe states he caught Beller "who was already secretly recorded" at a restaurant.
"He wasn't happy to see me," says O'Keefe, who calls himself "Guerrilla Journalist."
The video could not be shared by charismanews.com because of the language used during the discussion.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer