Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio wrote in a Fox News opinion piece, published Dec. 30, 2020: "Thanks to our news media's monomaniacal obsession with President Trump, few have paid attention to an important interview that Dr. Anthony Fauci gave, in which he acknowledged that he selectively lied to the American public about the coronavirus and what was needed for our national recovery.
"I am sure that Dr. Fauci—the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases—made the decision to mislead with nothing but good intentions. However, let's be clear about what he was doing: lying to the American people in order to manipulate their behavior.
"I do not question Dr. Fauci's motives—I trust they are noble ..."
The California Department of Insurance has directed all insurance companies in the Golden State to pay for the mastectomies of any gender transition patients under the age of 18.
Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara issued a General Counsel Opinion Letter clarifying that under existing California law, health insurance companies may not deny coverage based solely on a patient's age for female-to-male patients undergoing "gender-affirming" care for gender dysphoria.
"For far too long, individuals diagnosed with gender dysphoria have had to battle a host of challenges to get access to gender-affirming care in order to be their true selves," Lara said. "Social stigma, misconceptions about gender dysphoria and its treatment, and outdated medical criteria create barriers to necessary medical care that can lead to tragic results for individuals with gender dysphoria, especially for our transgender youth."
Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., claims to be a United Methodist pastor, though credentials from a religious organization do not make someone a pastor—only the calling of God can impart that status. He recently ended his prayer over the 117th Congress with an incredible closing, and I do mean "incredible"—a word that literally means "beyond belief."
I am awestruck. I cannot believe that anyone professing to be a Christian would pray such a heretical and abominable prayer.
Not only is his biblical theology warped beyond recognition, his reference to a Hindu deity is without understanding. As Jesus told the woman at the well, "You don't know what you're worshiping" (John 4:22a, ISV).
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details