The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals just ruled that Planned Parenthood can be defunded by the states.
Tuesday's Jay Sekulow Live focused on the breaking news that the full Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that Medicaid funds can be cut from Planned Parenthood. This is a great development for life and underscores the importance of the judiciary, according to the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ).
A recap of the show highlights the tremendous impact President Donald J. Trump has had in appointing judges at every level during his first term. According to ACLJ:
This is a major pro-life victory. This has been a fight since the Obama administration with states taking the pro-life battle to the federal courts. This victory has been brought to us in the 5th Circuit through changes that have taken place in the federal courts during the Trump Administration. Courts had been rejecting state defunding efforts, capitulating to the abortion industry, but now this has changed.
This ruling means individual states do not have to allocate Medicaid funding to the abortion industry. They can cut off Planned Parenthood through Medicaid, which is a program that both the federal government and the states administer together through a mixture of funds.
This ruling is a testament to what President Trump has been able to do working with Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham and, of course, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
ACLJ Director of Government Affairs Thann Bennett spoke about President Trump's impact on the judiciary:
This has already been a generational impacting legacy for President Trump. There's just no other way to describe it. There have been 227 federal judges confirmed under the Trump administration, through the United States Senate and three of them to the Supreme Court of the United States. Fifty-three at the U.S. circuit court level, which is the level we're talking about, 168 district court judges and then three judges to the International Trade Court.
This impact is not done yet. The Senate is still in session. The president's first term is not over until Jan. 20. There are six district court judges that are awaiting confirmation votes on the floor of the Senate. They are queued up. Leader McConnell has them ready to go, and then there are 23 judges still in committee that are being processed as we speak, getting prepared to be sent to the Senate floor.
"President Trump has achieved tremendous success in appointing constitutional conservatives to judgeships.
The full broadcast is complete with more discussion about this ruling by the full Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, the impact the Trump administration has had on the judiciary and what to look for from the ACLJ in 2021.
Watch the full broadcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details