A former Air Force chaplain wants to enlist believers in his fight for religious freedom. Curt Cizek preached a message that he said led to his dismissal from the military.
"Men put so much of who they are into what they do, and having that rug pulled out from underneath me was difficult to go through," Cizek said.
He said he had never been punished for preaching until a sermon he preached to recruits in 2013 at Lackland Air Force Base. It included Scriptures about sexual immorality.
"The message was about sin that we don't think is that bad," Cizek said. "If you're having sex with somebody that you're not married to, then you need to stop. I said, 'You know, sometimes the Christian church has gotten the reputation for being prejudiced because we look at one sin, homosexuality, and then we turn a blind eye and don't say anything about heterosexual sin, and that's hypocritical.'"
What happened was a domino effect that ended in his involuntary discharge, he said.
"I found out shortly thereafter that a lesbian trainee had a complaint about the sermon," Cizek said. "She complained that I said all homosexuals are going to burn in hell. I don't know what sermon she listened to because that wasn't what I preached that day."
Twenty-five hundred trainees heard that day's sermon and Cizek said, as far as he knows, only one person complained.
"We also had an openly lesbian commander working in basic training and when she heard about the trainee's complaint, she wouldn't let it go," Cizek said.
"My performance reports were downgraded; my promotion recommendation was downgraded. I got passed over for promotion twice and involuntarily separated from the Air Force in 2016."
For the rest of this story, link through to our content partner CBN.com.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc. All rights reserved.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.