In his Veterans Day observation, President Donald J. Trump attended a wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, along with first lady Melania Trump, Vice President Pence and second lady Karen Pence.
President Trump tweeted a White House video of himself standing in somber silence, briefly touching and saluting the wreath at the Arlington National Cemetery.
With the exception of weekend visits to his private golf club in northern Virginia, Trump has remained at the White House since Election Day and last appeared before cameras to deliver a statement six days ago, Fox News reported.
Under rainy skies, the modified ceremony honored fallen veterans with socially distanced attendees limited to ceremony officials and a small musical group that played tribute.
The event was also livestreamed for the public.
President Trump issued a proclamation today in which he spoke of the administration's efforts to best honor those who served and continue to serve the United States.
"America's veterans have fought to defend our country, its value and its interests since the first days of our founding," he said in the proclamation. "Their courage and fortitude in the face of adversity serve as an example for all Americans."
President Trump went on to further honor all veterans, saying, "Our veterans represent the best of America, and they deserve the best America can provide them."
He concluded, "I encourage all Americans to recognize the fortitude and sacrifice of our veterans through public ceremonies and private thoughts and prayers. I call upon federal, state and local officials to display the flag of the United States and to participate in patriotic activities in their communities. I call on all Americans, including civic and fraternal organizations, places of worship, schools and communities to support this day with commemorative expressions and programs."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details