We have access to the Holy Spirit welling up in us like a spring.
Tapping into Him requires deliberation and cooperation so God can love through us.
Like me, you've probably asked Him to love through you, then fizzled out within the hour. But here's the catch: we cannot love when we perceive ourselves as unloved.
We cannot offer to others what we don't possess.
Inviting Your Soul to Plunge Into God's Love
Jude 21 says, "Keep yourselves in the love of God while you are waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ."
That means practicing the mindset of being profusely loved by God. We must invite our souls to plunge into His love like a dolphin romping in the sea. Actively engaging in His unending, extravagant, no-strings-attached affection for you is not narcissism—it's necessity.
It can mean our survival when we're faced with loving the loveless.
Consider also 1 Corinthians 13:13, penned by Paul: "So now abide faith, hope, and love, these three." Those comprise the three abiding priorities and enduring virtues of time and eternity. These facts alone earn each of them a distinct spot on the enemy's target.
Anything God emphasizes, the devil seeks to exterminate.
A Spiritual Checklist and a Serious Warning
- Are you in a season where faith feels like hard work?
- Is loving laborious?
- Is hope circling the drain as you keep longing and waiting?
If you answered yes to all three questions, you're under a triple threat. Satan can't snatch faith, hope and love from you. You have to hand them over.
When spiritual people are down to the dregs, we often grip tighter to what we have left: our legalism. We fill up the loss with the law.
Don't go there.
Today—right now—ask God to restore you, to fill you up with faith, hope and love. All else is just existing.
Excerpted from the Beth Moore Bible study, Children of the Day.
Beth Moore is an author and Bible teacher of best-selling Bible studies and books for women. She is the founder of Living Proof Ministries and speaker at Living Proof Live women's events. Beth's mission is to guide women everywhere into a richer, more fulfilling relationship with the Father.
This article originally appeared at lifeway.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer